cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 and Spectralink Voice Prioritization

tboynton
Level 1
Level 1

Do the Aironet 350's have the option to run Spectralink Voice Prioritization? The 340's had SVP enabled by default. Did Cisco get rid of it in the 350's?

I looking to by Spectralink Netlink IP phones but am being told I have to buy an SVP for every site that I want to use the phones until 802.11e is adopted.

4 Replies 4

mmellet
Level 3
Level 3

rosommerfelt
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trialing Spectralink phones w/350 APs. They work fine. According to TAC, SVP is automatically enabled on 350s. I have intentionally done large file transfers while having phone conversations, and voice quality did not change. APs are running 11.07.

Just to clarify, if you are using a 350 AP, is it still required to actually have Spectralink's SVP server online?

I have a 350 here and a couple phones, and the phone always says "No SVP Server" if I point it to the 350. If I plug in the SVP server also and point the phone to that, it works.

mrost
Level 1
Level 1

As per your SVP Serever at every site, it depends on the bandwidth available from the main site to your remote site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card