Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Clint doesn't obtain ip address via Radius

gbressanin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm installing a AP 1200 with 350 Client . My first configuration was LEAP (WPA) with TKIP on client and authentication on a local AP Radius with ip address delivered from an external DHCP server. All worked fine. Now the customer want to use a Radius Server (ACS 3.2) and this server also deliver the ip address via internal IP POOL . I also configured the client for EAP-FAST (WPA) . The authentication sequence works fine , the issue is that the client doesn't obtain the ip address. On the AP I enable the debug and I see the RADIUS's packet with the ip address to arrive on the AP but I don't see it on my 350 client .

Any idea?

Thank you in advance

Giovanni

5 Replies 5

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

What is the IOS version of the AP? You need at least 12.2(15)JA for EAP-FAST support. Are you using Windows XP or 2000? If you use Windows 2000, you need a third party supplicant.

I tried to reproduce your problem in my lab. I cannot. I install a 350 wireless client on a XP SP2 machine. The AP runs 12.2(15)JA software. The ACS version is 3.3. The ACS server runs on a Windows 2000 server, which also provides DHCP server function.

Thank you Dixho for your response,

the IOS version that I had was 12.2(13)JA,but after your replay now I'm installing the 12.2(15)XR. The client that I use is a Windows XP with no SP2.The ACS is a Solution Engine with 3.2 installed. Now I will be at the customer site the next thusday and I will try with this new IOS version. I will reply after the test.

Bye

Dixho,

I guess you did not realize that Giovanni is using Radius server to deliver the IP address via internal IP pool instead of an external DHCP server as you did. I had the same Giovanni´s problem, same debug result and I got succeed using an DHCP server.

I hope have help you.

Carlos

anyone know whether this kind of setup works or not? I'm thinking of doing the same setup.

There are some problems for the clients connect to the wireless AP to obtain the ip address from a dhcp server with o without ACS. I just installed some APs and I have a issue just with the release of a ip address to the client. The infrastructure has a catalyst 4006 as core and some catalyst 3500 as access-layer. The APs connected to the 3500 release the address correctly while the APs connected to the 4006 doesn't do that. Both the AP and the Catalyst have the newest IOS release! For the moment the customer give a static ip to the clients and as soon as possible I will try to investigate.......

If some one as some news........

Regards

Giovanni

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card