cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All APs come up with map location "unassigned" after upgrade from CPI 3.8 to 3.9

Kris_Vangeel
Level 1
Level 1

I did an upgrade of CPI from 3.8 to 3.9 today. I did a backup of the 3.8 setup and restored it to the new 3.9 VM setup. 

It now seems that after the upgrade, all APs (we have around 3000 in the network), have 'lost' their map location. They all come up with map location "unassigned". The maps themselves are present but show up empty.

We have done many CPI upgrades over the years but this is the first time we are seeing this. Anyone suggestions ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Probably work with TAC on this case, since this is not very common issue they may able to say if there is a fix or not

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Probably work with TAC on this case, since this is not very common issue they may able to say if there is a fix or not

HTH

Rasika

Kris_Vangeel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Rasika. I am still trying whether I am getting the same issue when bringing CPI 3.9 up with the backup from a day earlier. If this turns out to be the case, I will open a TAC case.

Kris_Vangeel
Level 1
Level 1

Loading a new backup to the new CPI fixed the problem. All mapping information for the APs is correct now. 

Good to hear that and glad you fixed it in that way...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card