cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowable cleaning products for 7925 in a hospital?

hikerman81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am deploying 7925's in a hospital and the client wants to know what kind of antiseptic wipes are safe for use with the plastic that the 7925 is made of.

The deployment guide says they can be cleaned with a wet wipe but wet with what, water based, alcohol based, other kinds of antiseptics?  Any guidance from users in this environment or Cisco would be helpful!

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This section of the 7925/7926 Deployment Guide will be updated with the following verbiage.

This will be included in the 1.4(4) version that I will try to get out in the next few weeks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jawad-mukhtar
Level 4
Level 4

Q. Can I clean the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G with moist wipes?

A. Yes, you can use any type of moist wipes to clean the phone because it is hermetically sealed.

Jawad

Thank you for your reply but this does not really address the question. It is not whether the phones is sealed, which I know that is is (to a degree) and have seen the referenced link already.   The question is rather the types of chemical cleaners or anitseptics that the plastic housing and display can resist. What kind of plastic is the phone made of and what chemicals it can resist,  the instruction "moist" wipes is too vague for the customer.  Moistened with what chemicals is the question, e.g. water, alcohols, cleaning agents,  cavi-wipes, etc? Any more detail in this direction would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Do you have the wired 79XX phones that need to be wiped down?  If yes, then you can use the same type of chemicals or disinfectants on the 7925G/7926G.

A slightly dampened soft cloth should be used to clean or wipe down       the phone. Do not use any liquids or powders directly on the phone to clean or       for other purposes. As with all but weatherproof electronics, liquids and       powders can contaminate the components and cause failures.

Hope so u got it.

Jawad

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This section of the 7925/7926 Deployment Guide will be updated with the following verbiage.

This will be included in the 1.4(4) version that I will try to get out in the next few weeks.

Migilles,

Thanks!, just the answer I needed. Customer is concered using incorrect cleaning products would void warrenty since these are not inexpensive items.

Yes, although the 7925/7926 are hermetically sealed and have an IP54 rating to protect against water splashes and dust, using a solution which is heavy alcohol based could cause damage to the case, keys, etc.

We suggest to use Caviwipes or Saniwipes for thorough cleaning.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card