Views
Helpful
Replies

Anchor WLC web-auth secure web issue

brobinb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running into an issue with disabling the web-auth secure web on an 5508 anchor WLC running 7.2.110. After the WLC rebooted, the guest authentication portal didn't show up...I could see the IE tab showed Web Auth Redirect though...Changed again the web-auth secure web to enable and rebooted the WLC fixed the issue...Has anyone ran into this before and any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advanced for your input!

Robin

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you using a custome page or the default/internal?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

It's now using a custome page loaded on the WLC for guest auth, and eventually will be moving to ISE...

ok. do you know if the page was hard coded for HTTPS?

try disablin the secure web again, and test with the internal page.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

The custome page might be from Cisco web auth page sample by the look of the webpage. I don't know how to verify whether or not it was hard coded for HTTPS...

Do I also need to diable the web-auth secure web on the main controller?

This anchor is running in production and has to reboot after hour, will do the test and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Robin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card