Views
Helpful
Replies

Antenna alignmenet on Aironet 1252

urvininocente
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using two Cisco Aironet 1252 (cisco AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9) to setup a point to point link (one is configured as root bridge and is as a non-root bridge). Both Aironets are running software version Version 12.4(25d)JA.

Is there a way that I can that I can perform an antenna alignment test on the Aironet that is configured as a non-root bridge?

note: executing the following command dot11 dot11radio 0 ? does not show the antenna-alignemnet option.

Regards,

Screech

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also make sure if your only using one antenna is to configure the TX and RX for the port the antenna is connected to.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With those APs set to bridge, using the RSSI is how you would align the bridges. Here are some helpful links.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1830

-Scott

Scott,

If I understand the document correctly: I should do a linktest and allign the antenna based on the result of this test.

Am I correct?

Regards,

Screech

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct.

-Scott

.Now I am having problem having the devices associated . Is there any other way of testing why the devices are having problem associating to each other. Note in the root bridge I get an event that the root has reached the maximum packet retry send to the non-root bridge.

Any idea.

Tnx,

Screech

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you calculated the fresnel zone and do you have line of site. RSSI is how other bridge manufactures align the bridges. Make sure you have the lower data rates enabled especially if the distance is far.

-Scott

You can calculate using this tool if needed. I would also setup the bridge as open unless you verified that they can pair up prior to mounting the bridges.

http://www.wirelessconnections.net/calcs/FresnelZone.asp

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also make sure if your only using one antenna is to configure the TX and RX for the port the antenna is connected to.

-Scott

I am only using one antenna. I will double check my config and will get back to you tomorrow.

Regards,

Screech

Scott,

I reviewed my config and updated the config setting where the antenna was connected to.

Tnx

Screech      

Was it configured correct or did you have to define the port? Did that help.. Just curious if your still having issues.

-Scott

I had to select the correct port where the antenna was connected. Furthermore I have also upgraded the firmware from version

12.4(10d)JA to version 12.4(25d)JA.

Regards,

Screech

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card