cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Antenna Compatibility Matrix

William Hoover
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for antennas for 3800e APs and am having a hard time confirming which models work with each other. Does the AIR-ANT2524DW-R antenna work with the 3800e series APs?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

That helps a lot. Thank you!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@William Hoover wrote:

I am looking for antennas for 3800e APs and am having a hard time confirming which models work with each other. Does the AIR-ANT2524DW-R antenna work with the 3800e series APs?

Yes and no. 

This is model is what some of us call an dual-band, articulated "disco stick".  

Yes, this model is is compatible with 2800e/3800e, however, 3800e support Flexible Radio Assignment (FRA) and will require another set of antennas to the site.  So a set of four of these disco-sticks will support only the "main" radio and not the FRA radio.  Just bear that in mind.

What antenna would you recommend? Most environments are rooms with 10 people and a few large areas that host events of up to 200.

Thanks!

Bill

The 3800e requires two sets of antennas.  If there is only one set of antenna just make sure Flexible Radio Assignment is disabled. 

Two sets? One being the 4 that connect directly to the housing and the other using the Smart connector?

One question: i understand the redundant 5 radio can't work without the extra DART connected antenna (on an 3800e model), but can't FRA run and just disable the 2.4 radio part while keeping a -single- 5 running with 4x dualband dipole connected for example ?

regards,

GN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: