Views
Helpful
Replies

Any config retained on a lightweight Wireless Access Point

jeremy-keen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am wanting to dispose of a large number of AP's that were operating in lightweight mode - ie connected to a wireless controller.  Before doing so, I want to check if any configuration would remain on the AP's after they are disconnected from the network.  I know they have NVRAM, but is any config stored there for a lightweight AP - if so how can I remove that config.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jeremy Keen

3 Replies 3

Hi @jeremy-keen

You can clear all the configuration with this command:

LAP1#debug capwap console cli
LAP1#erase /all nvram: 

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

Thanks for such a quick reply Daniel - do you happen to know what config would still be on the AP after it's been disconnected?  I'm interested to know if it might be sensitive details like ip addresses, credentials, keys....or not so important details like hostname, image to boot...?

Cheers,

Jeremy

hi @jeremy-keen

Old WLCs ip address are stored, so if you want to go from clear config you can use this commands.

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card