cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any fix for MTU problems and WLSM?

jroyster
Level 1
Level 1

WLSM uses GRE tunnels to clients and it works well.

But I'm running into a nagging fragmentation problem which causes problems with web pages - they don't load.

Current workaround is to lower MTU on the client which makes it very difficult to roll out wireless to thousands of devices at a time. Especially if the wireless clients are not PCs - think hand held scanners, pdas, etc.

Thanks in advance!

John

4 Replies 4

Thanks a bunch. I have a CCO login but can't access the link. (i'm customer)

Replace 'partner' with 'customer' in the above URL. Have you added "mobility tcp adjust-mss" under the tunnel interface configuration?

In the lab and with sniffers that command seems to help. Just need to test it out in production.

The difficulty stemmed from path mtu detection just wouldn't work - load balanancers, clustering, etc in the way. Setting the MTU on the client wasn't really an option.

The command does seem to work (in the lab at least with simple applications and no content switches/load balancers in the mix) - the MSS is adjusted in the intial TCP handshake.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card