Views
Helpful
Replies

AP-1832i-e-k9 showing up Office extended instead of ME WLC

kick534
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure 1832i AP as Mobility Express. It broadcasts SSID "CiscoAirProvisoining" and I do initial configurations. On submitting the configuration to AP, it shows me message that configurations have been saved and system shall rebo0t in 60 second.

After reboot, it broadcasting given SSID, but once login its showing Office extend not ME-WLC

Can any one help me how solve the issue, i need to configure AP as ME-WLC

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Try to search the forum as there have been multiple post regarding the same issue. Here is one:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/1852i-mobility-express-showing-up-as-quot-officeextend-quot/td-p/3002820
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

Thank you for your reply,

actually i try to search may post but could not find the right post to solve the issues,

and we purchase the hardware without smartnet , so please if you can provide any solved post regarding the issue.

looking forward for your support

Then I suggest to buy at least one SmartNet contract, or ask your supplier for an updated software. I suggest version 8.5.160.0.

Hi Patoberli

After resetting AP to factory default and configuring the AP with initial configuration from CLI mode now  i am able to Access web page.

but in my scenario the DHCP server is external, but when i am configuring initial setup from deployment guide i configured DHCP in AP as internal now i want to change it to external DHCP can you help me how can i change it with GUI or CLI.

Note : removing config DHCP internal to DHCP config External,

I don't have a ME accesspoint near me at the moment.

But here is the document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5_chapter_011.html

If I read it correct, you can simply delete the DHCP scope and it should use the external one.

Without support contract you will not be able to download the image you need. I would go ask the supplier you purchased the ap from to see if they can provide it to you.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card