cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1852's pulling/reporting 192.168.0.1 to switch instead of specified vlan segment

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4

Just replaced 13 1602i's with 1852i-b-k9's.  Previous devices were pulling proper 172.22.160.0/22  ip's.

only 3 of the 13 acquired proper ip's.  of the rest, 3 reported 192.168.0.101 (1 each switch) the rest nothing.

Switch's report proper CDP signatures for all devices.. IP device tracking all reveals the results.

My take is in the absence of a DHCP response, these current AP's fail to the 192.168.0.101 and the switches only report the first instance as I have shut down one of the 192's and the other pops up with the .101.

On the switch side we had all green's.  Leaves me with failed TX to AP..

Other thoughts?

4 Replies 4

Rich R
VIP
VIP
What do you see on the console logs from one of these devices when booting?
Is native vlan correctly configured on the switch ports?

interesting, since a native vlan exists (maybe) only on a trunk, not on a port in access mode.  sw acc vl x.  in this case switchport access vlan 160.

Techs are returning ot verify the AP's are hearing the switches..(link lite on AP's port) in stead of green status lite on case..  All ap's were pre-configured on the switch then hung in the sky where they don't work.

this appears to be normal behavior in the absence of a timely DHCP response.  I can take any active AP and change its port to vlan1 (shutdown) and the AP will assume 192.168.1.101.  All the more interesting is the fact that all operating vlans have the same DHCP target.  So seems slow response on vlan 160 but normal response on vlan 140..  Move the AP's to 140 and all are up and Clients happy.  nuf said.

I meant to say 192.168.0.1.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card