cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1852I without ME software

RBrand
Level 1
Level 1

We bought for our school 3 Cisco 1852i lightweight APs to check if they could help us to wipe out our old wireless stuff (20 APs). But now we could not setup one as a controller because the download of the ME software is not possible for us. We have no contract with Cisco and to fill in the serial numbers doesn't work.

any idea? 

Any help will be most appreciated .

thank you and regards

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need a Smartnet contract for your AP. Other possibility is to wait for security bugs and patched releases. Those you can request over a special email address. But the better solution, which also includes TAC support, is a Smartnet contract.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you dont have a valid service contract then you cant download from cisco web.

Best is to contact to your supplier and ask them to provide the latest ME software for 1852 APs.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Now I bought a third  AP with ME on it. Hope it works. The supplier give me no updates. How can I get

updates in the future ?

Thank you and regard

Robin

You need a Smartnet contract for your AP. Other possibility is to wait for security bugs and patched releases. Those you can request over a special email address. But the better solution, which also includes TAC support, is a Smartnet contract.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card