cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 2602 connected to WLC 2504 not giving DHCP addresses to clients

Cormac Champion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi really hope that someone can help me.  I have a WLC running 8.5.171.0 and it has 3 x LWAPP 2602's connected to it.  All three are seen and connected to the WLC.  2 are in one location and 1 in another.  All three have their correct IP's, and I can telnet onto all 3.  One works perfectly but the other pair, while showing the SSID's, and clients start to connect to them, do not give out a DHCP address from the same pool on the same SSID.  I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong, since it has been working previously for a few years.

The only thing that I changed was last month where I upgraded the code since I got caught by the certificate expiry issue.

What debug commands can I enable to possibly help to see what's going on with the 2 troublesome AP's ?  Or is there some simpler explanation ?

Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a sanity check of the controller configuration with this tool :

https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

You can also debug clients on the controller (in fact debug client mac-addresses) and have that analyzed with :

https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessDebugAnalyzer/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Surely the controller is perfect given that one AP of the same model, with the same SSID's, is working perfectly ?

And what commands should I use to debug the clients connections ?

- It is always advisable to have a sanity check of the overall controller configuration with the link provided earlier , useful hints could still be provided. If the problem is limited to one ap-only then reboot it and check if that can help. For client debugging check this link : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/100260-wlc-debug-client.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

First of all, I tried "sh run-config commands" and put that into the controller tool.  After pressing run, it just came back asking for a file to be dropped in or uploaded.  I then tried a Configuration upload from the controller to a tftp server, and the file from that did exactly the same thing - absolutely nothing

The config analyzer should work with a backup of your configuration using the tool the was posted earlier.  I have not seen it work unless the configuration backup was correct.

Wireless Config Analyzer (cisco.com)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Provide more information on how everything is setup.  Im assuming maybe FlexConnect with local or central switching?  Have you validated dhcp is working and a wired device on the wireless vlan can get a dhcp address?  If you believe that the issue was after you upgraded, the down grade and see if the issue resolves.  Then you know the the new firmware might of changed a configuration or has an issue.

-Scott

Cormac Champion
Level 1
Level 1

Well this is driving me nuts.  I'm getting connected now to the two AP's

But I'd really like to get the config analysed.  I've attached it to here now.  It looks like a good config ????

Output the show run-config and try to upload that to the WCAE Cloud.

WCAE - Wireless Config Analyzer Express - Cisco DevNet

-Scott

You can download a desktop version for Windows or Mac here:

GitHub - CiscoDevNet/wcae: WCAE Troubleshooting tool

-Scott

- Have a try with the output of show run-config commands  or else the saved output of show tech may also work.

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card