Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 3800 support only support 2,4GHz

QuangTran99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just bought four 3800 AP. But they support only 2,4GHz. The speed of clients only 144Mbps.I checked AP and antena, all support both 2,4GHz and 5GHz

How to enable 5GHz ?

3800 model: AIR-AP3802E-S-K9

Four antennas: AIR-ANT2524DW-R

20 Replies 20

Your image mentioned the “dart” connection. So take a look at this guide and make sure you are not trying to enable this.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_cisco_aironet_series_2800_3800_access_point_deployment_guide/b_cisco_aironet_series_2800_3800_access_point_deployment_guide_chapter_01001.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

@Scott Fella 

From your link :

"The Cisco Aironet AP‐3802E, AP‐3802P, and AP‐2802E contain a SMART antenna connector, which is connected directly to the flexible radio. Without a Smart antenna, the flexible radio must stay in 2.4GHz only mode" ==> I dont have smart antenna (dart). Does it mean I have to disable the flexible radio to use 5Ghz ? Please help how to disable, I try to figure out but no luck.

Keep the FRA disabled for the meantime. From looking at your output, seems like the AP’s do have 5ghz enabled. I don’t see any issue, but what are you seeing?
-Scott

@Scott FellaNo 5GHz clients for AP 3800, it is very weird. In contrast, 3700s are serving both 2,4 & 5GHz well.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You need to supply more data. Use some screen shots to show what you mean. The 3800 and the antenna you have support both, maybe try to disable 2.4ghz and see if your device connects which would mean 5ghz is working.
-Scott

Hi @Scott Fella,

I tried to change as attached file but it seems for dual band 5GHz.

FRA is disabled. Any recommend command to enable 5GHz?

(Cisco Controller) >show advanced fra

FRA State........................................ Disabled
FRA Operation State.............................. N/A
FRA Sensitivity.................................. low (100%)
FRA Interval..................................... 1 Hour(s)
Last Run....................................... 21 seconds ago
Last Run Time.................................. 0 seconds
Service Priority................................. Coverage

AP Name MAC Address Slot Current Band COF % Sensor % Suggested Mode
-------------------------------- ----------------- ---- -------------- ---------- ---------- -------------------------
VNSGNB09AP 5c:5a:c7:13:ba:00 0 2.4GHz None None (Static)

COF : Coverage Overlap Factor
[] : COF when radio was in 2.4GHz Band

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card