Helpful
Replies

AP Aironet 1600: join problem on 5508 controller

lodovici2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'am new with Cisco 5508 controller and I have this problem:

I see an aironet 1600 with static ip on my 5508 controller (Wireless -> Access Points -> All APs) with his name, IP address, configuration, etc. but in the monitor panel (Monitor -> Statistics -> AP join) it appear like "Not joined", with its MAC address in the AP Name column.

If I click on an AP in the list that is joined, in the AP join stats detail -> Last AP join, I see the log "Received Config request and sent response" bat I don't see this log for the AP that is not joined.

Where is the problem for you?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rasika,

thank you for your reply.

I solved my problem: the AP had a static IP, but on the controller I configured an IP on a different network (I assigned a static IP to the AP to configure it, but I must employ it on a different network in another bilding in the campus). If I configure an IP on the controller in the same network of the IP that I configured on the AP, after a reboot I see the AP joined on the controller.

But I have another question: if I power off the AP, it disappear on the controller (I can't see it neither in All APs tab, nor in AP Join tab), and when I power on it I see it again on the controller with the good configuration (IP address, mode, group, native VLAN, etc.).

Where the Controller store these informations and for how many time?

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If you have SSH access to WLC, post the output of "show sysinfo"

Do you see this AP frequently dis-associating ? 

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

thank you for your reply.

I solved my problem: the AP had a static IP, but on the controller I configured an IP on a different network (I assigned a static IP to the AP to configure it, but I must employ it on a different network in another bilding in the campus). If I configure an IP on the controller in the same network of the IP that I configured on the AP, after a reboot I see the AP joined on the controller.

But I have another question: if I power off the AP, it disappear on the controller (I can't see it neither in All APs tab, nor in AP Join tab), and when I power on it I see it again on the controller with the good configuration (IP address, mode, group, native VLAN, etc.).

Where the Controller store these informations and for how many time?

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card