Views
Helpful
Replies

AP C9115AXI-A does not want to join a WLC C9800-L-F-K9

BPHY11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!

I have an AP model C9115AXI-A and I want to join it to a WLC C9800-L-F-K9, but it cannot be registered.
I have already pinged from the WLC to the AP and vice versa, at the time of doing so, I get a response in both ways, I have exhausted all my possible responses. Does anyone have an idea what is happening?
I would appreciate it very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BPHY11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!

The problem with the WLC was solved.
It turns out that the interface for Wireless management was not configured for the WLC segment vlan, which is the management vlan defined for the 9800-L.
To make this change, we follow the following steps:
Configuration > Interface > Wireless > + Add > Add management vlan > WLC IP

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Hi

There are a few steps on the WLC you need while joinning APs.  Recommend you this guide. If you followed alteady and did not succeed try to share more information on the WLC side.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213911-understand-catalyst-9800-wireless-contro.html#anc34 

BPHY11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Yes, I already followed the corresponding steps in a CISCO guide and it still doesn't want to register the AP.

Greetings.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at the console output from the ap.  that should show you why the ap is not joining.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, 

I did, but it doesn't show anything unusual

Attach the output to a text file so we can see it.  Make sure you capture about 5 minutes from when the ap is rebooted.

-Scott

Sure, only that at the moment I am not on site, since the client called us again until Friday

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version are you running on the 9800

There could be potential you are hitting this issue:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

The version that the WLC has is 17.03.04! 

Console into the ap, reboot the ap and capture the output.

-Scott

Yes that's how it is

You have any other ap's joined or is this a new setup?

-Scott

It is a new configuration, in fact all the equipment is new.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the 9800 running on?

Console into the AP and reboot.  Post the entire boot-up process (of the AP).

Claro, solo que de momento no estoy en el sitio, ya que el cliente nos volvió a llamar hasta el viernes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card