cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP clients stop talking to each other

derekliedl
Level 1
Level 1

I have an interesting problem I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced. 

After a random period of time, the clients authenticated to a specific AP are no longer able to talk to each other.  When this occures, the AP serving the affected clients is also unable to ping them.  While the affected clients can no longer talk to each other or their AP, other devices on the network (clients associated to a different AP or hardlined) continue to talk to the affected clients normally.  Reseting the radio interface on the AP via a shut/no shut, a carrier busy test, or a reload will correct the problem.  However, the problem can return within a couple of hours, the next day, weeks down the road, or never.

I've seen this behavior occur on autonomous 1230B's, 1231G's, and 1240's across a couple of IOS revisions - 12.3(8)JEA, 12.3(8)JEE, and 12.4(25d)JA1.  So far, I have been unable to determine what causes this behavior to manifest itself. 

Has anybody seen anything like this in their environments?

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you seen this issue for yourself?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I have.  That's why I'm curious if anybody else has.

These are autonmous correct ?  I have never had this issue. Can you post the config of one of the aps ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________