Views
Helpful
Replies

AP disassociated previously due to Link Failure

R2ITCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Any help on this trap message?   Any setting i can look for

AP 'AP39', MAC: 58:bc:27:3a:fc:00 disassociated previously due to Link Failure. Uptime: 0 days, 16 h 08 m 18 s . Reason: Capwap WTP Event request.

Thanks

Mike

10 Replies 10

jnealconref
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? Many of my APs are constantly disassociating.

Unfortunately no. 

Got the same issue, I have just logged a TAC case to find the cause and solution. I will update what TAC advises

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

Can you share what solution TAC had in mind?

Kind regards,

Norbert

Have  you got any Update from the cisco TAC .

for this :-- MAC: 58:f3:9c:94:09:b0 disassociated previously due to Link Failure. Uptime: 76 days, 04 h 07 m 06 s . Reason: Capwap change state event request.

Hi Lokesh,

Are these APs in Local mode or Flex mode ?

Are you seeing this issue on all the APs of a particular WLC ? or some APs connected to a particular site/switch ?

Do these APs actually reboot during dissociation ? or they just dissociate but don't reboot ? Can be checked by the command "show ap uptime". A difference in the "AP upTime " and "AP association time" will fetch the answer.

Cheers,

Manish 

Hello,

I had the same problem, do you have any solution?

217 Thu Mar 8 11:58:55 2018 AP 'apwinfpa_vwlc', MAC: b4:de:31:0d:9c:40 disassociated previously due to Link Failure. Uptime: 0 days, 11 h 38 m 03 s . Reason: Capwap WTP Event request.

AP Name Ethernet MAC AP Up Time Association Up Time
------------------ ----------------- ----------------------- -----------------------
apwinfpa_vwlc 6c:b2:ae:53:71:6c 0 days, 13 h 02 m 51 s 0 days, 00 h 40 m 24 s

I have the same issue. Any update about this?...is Phy issue or what?

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy the remote office with  APs however WLC only shows 7APs( HQ:  5 Aps+2 Aps out of 5) , there is link failure and APs are not able to join so trying my head in for around a week.

Any solution to it ?

Regards,

Ali Rind

I too have this problem, do we have any solution for this, even modified the AP Retransmit Config Parameters to 8 and 5 but lo luck.

cisco prime displays following message :

802.11a/n/ac' interface of AP 'PAR-LAP-1' associated to controller
'KZD-WLC-1 (10.4.47.6)' is down. Reason: Radio reset due to (118) New
Discovery

can some one explain about this it will be really appreciating.

Thank you !!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card