Views
Helpful
Replies

AP mode local info - lap 1231a/g controller 5508 release 7.0.x

Augustgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone send me information about best practice and limitation for AP mode local (LAP 1231A/G with controller 5508 release 7.0.x),

the official documentation don’t display nothing on this argument.

thanks

S.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best practice is usually for the WLC setup and design. Not really best practice for AP's and code versions. Here are the best practice docs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080810880.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok, are there some limitation in that mode (local)?, I tested it and from official cisco site i found that :

A Local mode AP, tunnels all traffic to           the Controller (via CAPWAP), where the Controller handles tagging the packets           and placing them on the wired network.

Can you send me other info or limitation ?

That's not a limitation, that is how its designed. You are limited when using FlexConnect mode not local mode.

-Scott

Thanks for your quick response, but I would like to receive in-depth information about this mode, such as those found for flex-connect.

Well first off, do you understand how a lightweight wireless system works? You need to know this first and there are many docs out there that explain this. Then if you want to know the limitations for FlexConnect, just look at any of the FlexConnect guides and then look at the table of contents for limitations or search the doc for key words. The information is out there and to write it in a post is just too much.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card