cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP NOT GETTING JOIN RESPONSE??

mbaylis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have just connected my 1130ag ap to the network noticed that it can not get a Join response. as follows;

bymydesk#

*Mar 1 00:00:25.294: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DISCOVERY

*Mar 1 00:00:35.698: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleDiscoveryTimer : Found the disco

very response from MASTER Mwar

*Mar 1 00:00:35.707: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to JOIN

*Mar 1 00:00:40.707: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the J

oin response

*Mar 1 00:00:40.707: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

*Mar 1 00:00:40.746: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID

NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

*Mar 1 00:00:40.746: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWNXmodem file system is

I have looked in the forum and other people have had the problem and have indicated it could be a date time issue. I have set the date and time but when I do a "show Auth-list" i get nothing back like the following;

(Cisco Controller) >show auth-list

(Cisco Controller) >

can anyone help please, i am not sure what else to do

32 Replies 32

go to Controller tab then interfaces on the left and then click on the ap-manager interface. Then set the vlan to uptagged "0".

You should also upgrade to 4.1.185

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

done, brilliant, thanks for that mate, got it to associate!! Thank you very much, appriciated!!!

Glad to help.

-Scott

just noticed that the operatioanl status of the radios are showing down? why is this?

You have it disabled on the raidos. Telnet/SSH or console into the WLC and cut and paste these commands:

config 802.11a enable network

config 802.11b enable network

config 802.11b 11gSupport enable

y

save config

y

-Scott

Rob,

I have an issue with WLC 4400.It rebooted due to power failure and now it does not see AP.

How do I troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks

Kads

Hi, can you connect the APs directly to the controller and lets see what happens.

Hi, can you connect the APs directly to the controller and lets see what happens

You should start a new thread. This way others don't over look your post.

-Scott

Leandro Nunes
Level 1
Level 1

We have a wlc 4402 (IOS 4.1.185.0) with a few LAP1131 associated to it.

All the APs are located in different cities (one per city) and every AP is connected to a trunked Fa0 of an 877 router, that provides to the APs its IP address as well as the IP address of the wlc's management interface.

The problem is that for some cities, the following happens:

1 - AP sends DISCOVERY_REQUEST;

2 - WLC receives the request and sends the DISCOVERY_RESPONSE;

3 - AP receives the DISCOVERY_REPLY;

4 - AP sends the JOIN_REQUEST;

5 - AP reloads as it DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

In other cities, the AP associates, equalizes the firmware, downloads all the wlans configurations without a glitch.

In all the cities envolved, we have the same AP, with the same IOS, the same 877 router all with the same IOS, and this is driving us crazy, as the problem does not occur for all the sites.

Can anybody out there shed some light into this issue?

We already digged the forum, but could not get any hint that would help us to solve this puzzle.

Thanks in advance,

Leandro Nunes

How is your ap's setup... as H-REAP I would assume. You should run a debug lwapp events on the WLC to see what fails. So from above, you have consoled into the ap to verify that the ap never gets a join response.

Also is this the first time the ap tried to join the wlc?

-Scott

Hi, thanks for your quick response.

Yes, these APs are in H-REAP mode, and we did debug on the WLC and on the AP as well.

The AP is behaving this way since its very first connection to the router. We already tried a hard reset on the AP with the same results.

Once again, thanks for your reply.

The only thing I can see that some sites work and others may not is the connectivity between the site and the site where the wlc sits. the fail safe way is to stage the ap's locally so that the ap has joined the wlc. Configure the ap as much as you can. Then ship the ap's out and finish the vlan mappings.

-Scott

Hi, We primed the AP configuration in one city (that was working) and moved it back to the original site and guess what: it did not work.

Any other hint?

Thanks for your help.

There is no nat'ing going on is there. Port 12222 and 12223 need to be allowed both ways from your remote site to the site your wlc resides in.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card