cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP predownload status None

Asfandyar70754
Level 1
Level 1

So I recently upgraded my wireless network i.e. Mobility express controller and APs to version 8.10.171.0 and status is none for some APs, even though they are working alright and have new versions, I tried rebooting the APs and Controller but still the issue is same.

Snap attached for refrence.

Do I need to worry about it or is there some solution for it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You dont need to worry as this refers to pre-download image and status. Pre-download is used for speed up the upgrade. First the pre-download process distribute the softwate to all Access Point and after that reload the AP so they can assume the new version.

As you are not upgrading on this moment, this information is not relevante. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You dont need to worry as this refers to pre-download image and status. Pre-download is used for speed up the upgrade. First the pre-download process distribute the softwate to all Access Point and after that reload the AP so they can assume the new version.

As you are not upgrading on this moment, this information is not relevante. 

Aleck_Sei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio,

In my case, I have already downloaded the new image to my WLC and it is pending reboot. I did the predownload to my APs but several of them stayed with the Predownload Status = None. When I restart the WLC, will these APs discover that there is a new image and will they download automatically?

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card