cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Serial Number Summary from WLC

dseagren1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm just wondering if there is a way to get an output of the serial numbers of all the APs connected to a WLC. I know they can be individually found in the WLC web interface or through the CLI but i'm hoping to find a way to see them all.

thanks

14 Replies 14

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try show ap inventory

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott!

I´m trying to find the AP SN on 9800 WLC, but this model does not have a "show ap inventory" command. I haven´t find it on GUI too.

Do you know a way to find it?

Thanks!

Marcio

On Cat 9800 you can also get this from the GUI, under Monitoring -> AP statistics, add Serial Number column and then just export the whole list as .csv - nice and easy. This is on 17.6.4.

I love you

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

WCS has an AP report that shows the serial numbers for all of the APs. But If you do not have WCS, and are just using the WLCs, I don't think there is a way.

The quickest way I can think of to get all of the AP Serial Numbers in a case without WCS would be to get the AP Summary (so you have a list of all AP names)

And then make a text document that has all of the "show ap inventory " commands

If you SSH into the WLC, and paste your list of "show AP inventory "

You will get a very simple inventory report. Maybe you could copy all of that then and parse through it. It at least saves you the time of manually doing each one in the CLI, or manually click on each AP in the GUI...

Thanks.

SUJA_1978
Level 1
Level 1

For my the best command is show ap summary

aogston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

On our 5520's and 8540's, sh ap summary does not show the serial number of the AP's.

I use grep include tory|SN: "show ap inventory all"

Regards,

Andy.

You can use logging and store ssh output in plain-text, clean up the data in notepad++ and paste them into Excel.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In Catalyst WLC's;

show ap config general | i AP Serial Number|AP Model

In essence, you can find the serial number under the output for command show ap config general. You can filter the parameters you want using pipe.

Thank you Arshad, it help me a lot!

excellent, you can get the serial numbers of the 100 access points that belong to my network with this command, thank you very much

vasuandvasu619
Level 1
Level 1

config paging enable

grep include "PID:" "show ap inventory all"

This command will give all serial numbers, just copy and past it in Excel sheet. In Excel Data menu, there is an option text to columns-> it will open a popup and click next ->next

CSCO11514622
Level 1
Level 1

Tank You very much Arshad

You can also bind this command : for exemple  inventory

alias exec inventory show ap config general | i Cisco AP Name|AP Serial Number|AP Model|Cisco AP Identifier

WLC01#inventory
Cisco AP Name : AP_01
Cisco AP Identifier : ac2a.xxxx.xxx1
AP Model : C9120AXI-E
AP Serial Number : FCWyyyyyyyy
Cisco AP Name : AP_02
Cisco AP Identifier : ac2a.xxxx.xxx2
AP Model : C9120AXI-E
AP Serial Number : FCWyyyyyyyy

etc...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card