cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1121G

cowelljm
Level 1
Level 1

After trying to upgrade the AP using its own IOS upgrade option, I lost my wireless connection and then had no choice but to reboot the AP. When the AP cam back up I have Red-Green-Red lights on the front. I guess I have no IOS now. How do I get this thing working again?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a way to TFTP an image into an AP. It's pretty simple, setup you pc with an ip address in the range of 10.0.0.2 -.30 with a 24 bit mask. Enable a TFTP server, and in the root of the server place you image there. Rename the file and add a .default to the end of it. Power cycle the AP while holding the Mode button. After about 20-30 seconds a red light comes on, release the button and it will start a download. Directions can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080184ad5.html#1040106

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

A further tip, don't ever try and upgrade the AP's IOS through the wireless link! The link will go down part-way through the upgrade which will then fail and then so will the AP (as you've discovered!)

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

A further tip, don't ever try and upgrade the AP's IOS through the wireless link! The link will go down part-way through the upgrade which will then fail and then so will the AP (as you've discovered!)

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card