Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1142 Band&Coverage

Murad*
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

today i read some papers from Cisco about AP1142, and its explain how the frequency works and how it support 48Mbs or 300Mbs depended on my choice so i have question here, if i broadcast my signal with 802.11n then my coverage in 30ft support 300Mbs, if i have 30 users connected together and each of them have 10Mbs then all my band (300Mbs) have done?

and if there another users after these 30 want to connected what his situation?

in another meaning is this band (48Mbs or 300Mbs)  shared to all users connected ?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok
if i broadcast tow signal , can i put one backup for another , i mean if user connected to 5ghz and when going out the range of 5 , stay connected with 2.4 because his coverage is more than 5 ?
and is there any table explain the range and the band to the AP1142 ?

thank you

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
2.4ghz only allows for 20mhz channel width that will allow up to 144Mbps theoretically. 5ghz allows for channel bonding to 40mhz and up depending if your AP supports 802.11ac.
Now wireless is a hub so everything is shared. So you can do the calculation on throughout per user, again theoretically. Speed the client or let’s say negotiation with the AP depends on how far away the device is and the noise. Different devices will negotiate differently due to the vendors drivers.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ok
if i broadcast tow signal , can i put one backup for another , i mean if user connected to 5ghz and when going out the range of 5 , stay connected with 2.4 because his coverage is more than 5 ?
and is there any table explain the range and the band to the AP1142 ?

thank you

The client device decides what band to associate to. The wireless does not control that. So the 5ghz attenuates more than the 2.4ghz so if your AP design is sparse, then yes, clients further away will connect to 2.4ghz. These days you want full 5ghz coverage due to less interference.
-Scott

if you can advice my about WLC 5520 ?
is it work with AP1142 and AP1250 ?

Take a look at this matrix. See what cod did supported on your APs.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-454388
-Scott

this tables depended on version of Cisco WLC Release not on WLC model ?

Look at the table that does. This shows AP’s, WLC, Prime Infrastructure, etc.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card