cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 Management from wired side only

fearon-j
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of AP1200's installed which were passing a DHCP allocated address to wireless clients using the Primary SSID (open).

I now want to manage the AP's from the wired-side only. I have set up a trunk on the 3350 switch using VLAN_MAN as the Native vlan and also trunking VLAN_Guest (where dhcp resides). On the AP1200 i have set Vlan_Man as the native vlan ,enabled this, added vlan_Guest and enabled it.8021Q is on and the AP trunking is on "Hybrid". I have mapped the primary SSID to vlan_Guest. I have given the AP (eth0) a static address from the management subnet. But now i cannot get the clients an IP address from the DHCP server?

Can anyone see what i have missed?

thanks

J.

an

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The following is the administration guide for AP1200 my be this might give you better idea,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/convtool/index.htm

bloconnor
Level 1
Level 1

If you could post some of your bridging config of the ap vlans someone may be able to see what may be missing. You might want to refer to section 13-9 for some examples of the vlan interfaces in the ap.

bernie

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card