cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1210 "no SSIDs configured, radio not started" log message

pattyj
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AP1210 IOS 12.2(15)JA. I had everything working in my lab. Now it's at a remote site and I receive the following log message even though I have an SSID configured under the dot11radio0 interface.

%DOT11-4-NO_SSID: Interface Dot11Radio0, no SSIDs configured, radio not started

I deleted and readded the ssid configuration and even reloaded the AP with no effect.

What am I missing here?

2 Replies 2

marcbutler
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen a similar message.

For me, it was a case that the SSID was not associated to a VLAN. Once it was, and appropriate security was re-applied, the readio came back up OK.

But yes, reloading may well be a helper here, as in my growing experience with these APs, sometimes a config change will not take until it is rebooted,and sometimes when they are re-loaded, they do not operate fully with the config they load.

Hope that helps

I found the problem. I actually had a typo under my FE subinterface for dot1q. The dot1q vlan was 11 in my config but my SSID was pointing to vlan 2. I changed the dot1q vlan to 2 under the my FE subinterface and the radio interface came online. Thx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: