Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231+EAP+LEAP+TKIP+MAC+localRADIUS and IBM Laptop R50

Robert_Berger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have following problem with IBM Laptops. I can not get connection with the access point. Connection say's always no access-point. But search for net find the ap and say me everything right. When i disable Encryption the laptop works ....

IBM Laptop R50 "1829-7RG"

Windows XP Prof. SP1 + Hot Fix Q826942 for WPA

Network Card Intel Pro Wireless Lan 2100 3B mini PCI - 1.2.2.9

Newest Laptop BIOS 3.05a

IBM Connector 3.21

Connection with the Cisco AIR-CB21AG-E-K9 working well. But i would like to use integreated WLan of IBM Laptops. CB21 will also be the last Cisco Card, so we need anyway to use others....

Profile Setting in IBM Connector:

> SSID: mywlan

> Using 802.11 Wlan

> Access Point

> Security EAP Cisco (LEAP)

> Cisco compatibility Mod

> CKIP

> User and Password

thanks for help.

4 Replies 4

jose.soto
Level 1
Level 1

Under encryption are you using Network EAP or Open or Both? If only using Network EAP you may have an issue with other vendors outside of Cisco.

psion
Level 1
Level 1

What client are you configuring on the laptop when using the Intel radio? I don't believe you can use Windows Zero Config to perform LEAP authentication. You will probably need a third party client like Odyssey or Meetinghouse.

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

I know it's pretty basic but make sure you've got the most recent version of the IBM connection manager (I think there's a newer one than 3.21). older versions are REALLY bad and although the newer ones aren't much better they are better enough!

ulstegner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem. Update IBM (T41)to 4.X --> same problem.

It is not possible to use Centrino and Cisco AIR-CB21AG-E-K9 on the same laptop at the same time. If I removed the cisco software from my laptop , Centrino 2100 3B works then with PEAP/LEAP(FAST)-TKIP fine and reverse.

I have this situation reproduce on 4 different laptops from my colleagues ever the same situation.

Sometimes looks the situation like this :

I thought the laptop was conneced (green signal bar)

but I got never a IP address. This is typical for this situation.

In the exam 642-587 is a question :

..using a ADU you are unable to optain a ip ddress ..

right answer : a third party wireless supplicant is enabled !!!!

regards Ulrich

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card