cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

AP1231+EAP+LEAP+TKIP+MAC+localRADIUS and IBM Laptop R50

Hello,

i have following problem with IBM Laptops. I can not get connection with the access point. Connection say's always no access-point. But search for net find the ap and say me everything right. When i disable Encryption the laptop works ....

IBM Laptop R50 "1829-7RG"

Windows XP Prof. SP1 + Hot Fix Q826942 for WPA

Network Card Intel Pro Wireless Lan 2100 3B mini PCI - 1.2.2.9

Newest Laptop BIOS 3.05a

IBM Connector 3.21

Connection with the Cisco AIR-CB21AG-E-K9 working well. But i would like to use integreated WLan of IBM Laptops. CB21 will also be the last Cisco Card, so we need anyway to use others....

Profile Setting in IBM Connector:

> SSID: mywlan

> Using 802.11 Wlan

> Access Point

> Security EAP Cisco (LEAP)

> Cisco compatibility Mod

> CKIP

> User and Password

thanks for help.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner

Under encryption are you using Network EAP or Open or Both? If only using Network EAP you may have an issue with other vendors outside of Cisco.

Highlighted
Beginner

What client are you configuring on the laptop when using the Intel radio? I don't believe you can use Windows Zero Config to perform LEAP authentication. You will probably need a third party client like Odyssey or Meetinghouse.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I know it's pretty basic but make sure you've got the most recent version of the IBM connection manager (I think there's a newer one than 3.21). older versions are REALLY bad and although the newer ones aren't much better they are better enough!

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem. Update IBM (T41)to 4.X --> same problem.

It is not possible to use Centrino and Cisco AIR-CB21AG-E-K9 on the same laptop at the same time. If I removed the cisco software from my laptop , Centrino 2100 3B works then with PEAP/LEAP(FAST)-TKIP fine and reverse.

I have this situation reproduce on 4 different laptops from my colleagues ever the same situation.

Sometimes looks the situation like this :

I thought the laptop was conneced (green signal bar)

but I got never a IP address. This is typical for this situation.

In the exam 642-587 is a question :

..using a ADU you are unable to optain a ip ddress ..

right answer : a third party wireless supplicant is enabled !!!!

regards Ulrich

Content for Community-Ad