cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1800,AP2800 and AP3800 can be used as an autonomous AP?

Hello friends;

Now, I have a AP3802E.

How should I configure the AP with a ME image as an autonomous AP and use a single AP to serve the client.

If this AP3802E can be used as an autonomous AP, are there any related documents or configurations?

thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AP must be loaded with Mobility Express firmware in order for it to be like one.

Cisco Mobility Express Deployment Guide

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Starting with the 1800/2800/3800, there will be NO MORE autonomous IOS. This has been replaced with Mobility Express.

In other words, a single AP1800, AP2800, or AP3800 cannot provide the client with the same services as the previous autonomous AP (for example, AP2600, AP2700, AP3700 ...), right? If you want to provide services, you must have other Subordinate APs join the Master AP with ME image, or convert the ME image into a lightweight AP image and join other controllers, right? If I understand the wrong place, please let me know, thanks

An AP configured as a Mobility Express can act as a controller (for other supported APs) but also act as an AP (and service other wireless clients).

Excuse me;
Only one AP3802 can provide service? If so, how can I configure it?
Because I was using ME's AP3802's CLI to discover that I could only configure controller commands and did not know how to configure it as an AP to serve clients.
In addition, I did not find act as an AP (service other wireless clients) configuration doc, you have the relevant configuration documents or examples? Thank you

AP must be loaded with Mobility Express firmware in order for it to be like one.

Cisco Mobility Express Deployment Guide

thx a lot
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card