cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP2600

Kia Seng Ronald Tan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My site is thinking of using AP 2600 instead of the trusty AP 3502 since it has better thru put. May I know if anyone can share any experience on 2600 as we want to ensure stability for our deployment. Ay major issues?

Thanks in advance

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kia,

The 2600's are fine. I'm guessing its due to some of the complaints of the poor throughput some have experienced and have stated in this forum? I do have clients that have the 2600's, 3500's and or the 3600 s and really... They are all fine. My clients who choose the 2600's was really due to the cost when comparing it with the 3600's. All in all, they have all worked fine and if I didn't know anything about AP's, I couldn't tell a difference when I was on their wireless. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

We've got a site which has a high number of the new 2602I & E models with no reported issues. They are using 802.11A for Voice (7925) phones with B/G allocated to data.

Overall, i can see it being a good seller!

N

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My site is thinking of using AP 2600 instead of the trusty AP 3502 since it has better thru put.

First time I've heard that the 2600 has a "better throughput" than the bigger 3500.

The only reason why one would use the 1600/2600 against the 3500/3600 is cost.  Otherwise, engineering-wise, the 1600, 2600 and 3600 are identical.  The only thing that seperates the three are the coding inside the chips.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ronald,

I've sent you a PM. 

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Kia Seng Ronald,

AP2600

Features and Capabilities of AP 2600

1) RF Excellence

2) Based on 802.11n with 3 x 4 MIMO technology with three spatial streams to sustain 450 Mbps rates over a greater range for more capacity and reliability than competing access points

3) Cisco ClientLink 2.0 technology for better downlink performance and range for all mobile devices and better battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets

4) Cisco CleanAir technology for proactive, intelligent spectrum intelligence to combat performance problems due to RF interference

5) Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty, including 10-day advance hardware replacement

6) Both controller based and standalone version available.

The AP 2600e is the first choice because these external antenna models have the highest operating temperature range -20 to 55°C.

The AP 1600, 2600, and 3600 are not weatherproof and have an IP rating of 40.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card