Views
Helpful
Replies

AP3802 On 8.5.140.0 Intermittent Randomly

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have Cisco AP3802 in production and recently upgraded my WLC to 8.5.140.0 because of some bugs. But, after the upgrade some of the APs sometimes became unresponsive to serve clients for several seconds. I'm not sure what happened but the AP was not down (uptime is not reset) and client still connected to the AP (but when pinging the gateway the result was RTO). I already checked the log both on WLC and AP, so far got nothing on that timeframe. I also checked the event viewer on the Windows 10 laptops, and also got none. I checked the interference from other AP (from WLC dashboard), it was minimal.

Any idea what else should I check? Because I'm kind of clueless here what's causing this.

Thanks.

18 Replies 18

Hi Reginald,

The APs are on local mode. On my environment, the clients connected to the WiFi but sometimes does not pass traffic. I was not sure of what solved this problem but now I'm using 8.5.151 and now it's working normally.

mdroessler
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2802s with 8.5.140 having a similar issue but we don't see all clients get dropped.  Anybody else find a solution for this, in our case the client usually freaks out an re-associates right way to another SSID and gets back to doing what they were doing.  The users gets disconnected form the Internet and then gets the "no internet" on the wireless. 

Don't see any errors on the controller or Prime just that there was a new association when they reconnect. 

DSK87
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this issue with 3800 series AP even on 8.5.151 .Reload of the AP usually resolves the problem .Running the debug on WLC's doesn't show anything .Seems like the AP just freezes and stops responding to any association requests .No logs on the WLC doesn't help either 

Check if you have PMF on optional. I think there is a bug open, if that feature is enabled on the SSID. Workaround would be to either reload the AP or disable PMF. It's fixed on 8.10.130.0, but make sure all your APs support that version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card