cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP702W - Has anyone been able to get the LAN Data port to work on the AP702W?

slaterlin
Level 1
Level 1

Able to get voice working on the 702W but now would like to use port 1 as a data port.   I have been no been able to connect via data.   the AP702 is connected via 2960S access port.  If you have been able to get the data port working on the AP702 can you please share your configuration ?

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For now, (until more control is added in the software) all the LAN ports are locally switched and mapped to the 702W VLAN, and do not appear on the Wireless LAN Controller or AP.

Initially, the ports are disabled and may be enabled manually via the CLI.

This was done to minimize any security risks. Here are the CLI commands to enable the ports.

(Cisco Controller)> config ap lan <port id> <enable/disable> <AP-NAME>

(Cisco Controller)> show ap lan <port id> <AP-NAME>

(Cisco Controller)> show ap lan port-summary <AP-NAME>

Due to the early release of the 7.6.100.120 code, the enable/disable all command was not integrated, so you must configure each AP and each port, one by one. With code 8.0 and later, a more refined control along with VLAN support is being added to these ports.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-6/702WAccessPointDG/CiscoAironetSeries_702w_AP_DG.html

Please cross verify the VLAN configuration.

hello,

i am trying to accomplish the same thing from my AIR-CT5760 WLC, but cannot get the command to take:

wc5760-02#ap name AP0008.2f1c.0628 ethernet 1 mode access 219
% switch-1:wcm:Failed to Configure required VLAN in AP Cisco

can you tell me what ii'm missing here?

thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card