cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AppleTV and Airplay not working unless I allow P2P

mbecton
Level 1
Level 1

I use WLC 5508's and 1142 and 2602 AP's.  AppleTV and Airplay will not work unless I enable P2P on the WLAN ...  We allow BYOD and people are using P2P inappropriately.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get AppleTV and Airplay to work but also disable P2P? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

P2P blocking can't be enabled if you want bonjour to work as it is peer to peer. I believe this has been documented in the WLC bonjour guide also. I don't think there is a way to get bonjour to work if you do want P2P blocking enabled.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Does AppleTV & clients are on the same WLAN & managed by single WLC ?

Rasika

Yes.. AppleTV and clients are on the same WLAN and managed by a single WLC.  The only way I've been able to get the clients and AppleTV to work is to select the SSID from the WLC then go to ..advanced.. and change P2P Blocking Action from enabled to forward-UpStream.

P2P blocking can't be enabled if you want bonjour to work as it is peer to peer. I believe this has been documented in the WLC bonjour guide also. I don't think there is a way to get bonjour to work if you do want P2P blocking enabled.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott... argh... I agree, but I was still hoping that someone much more knowledgeable than myself could give me a work around.  Take care.

Marty

This document help me a lot:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1100-series-access-point/113443-cuwn-apple-bonjour-dg-00.html

BR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card