Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APs do not broadcast any SSID.

The client has a Catalyst 9800 WLC with software version 17.9.4a. Until now, 3 C9120AXI-E APs are joined to the controller. The APs are configured with the proper tag, the tag is configured with the proper SSIDs, the SSIDs are all enabled and also the policy are enabled. All is configured as it should be. However the SSIDs are not seen by the clients in that location.

The only thing that caught my attention was that all SSIDs hat "Fast Transition Enabled" and not "Fast transition Adaptive Enable" but I dont think this will prevent the clients from seen the SSIDs.

I checked also if the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Radios are in the "UP" state and they are.

Does anyone has an Idea of what can cause this?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Start with checking the output from CLI :

wireless config validate

+ Also have a complete checkup of the 9800 controller configuration using the CLI command: 

show tech wireless

and feed the output from that into https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

- Use the full command , do not use a simple 'show tech' for this procedure.

- All errors red-flagged in the wlc-checkresults tab from the Excell must always be corrected. Visit all the other tabs too and take care of warnings and errors after deliberation, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Simon Blomqvist
Level 1
Level 1

FT/802.11r configuration shouldn't make the SSID visable or not, but it could be good to make sure that AKM for both FT and non-FT are enabled so all clients would be able to connect (for example both 802.1x and 802.1x+FT). 

• Does the SSID have broadcasting enabled?
  • Do the APs receive enough power?
  • If the SSID is set to do local switching, are the APs configured in flex mode?
  • Is the SSID itself configured to be enabled on all bands?
  • Are the APs administratively enabled?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card