cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are any tools needed to configure an Aironet 1242AG?

joynerj
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting messages that my access point refused to connect. 

I put in on the same switch I'm connected to (a C2960). I can see it gets an IP Address, I can ping it, but I get a refusal on the web address. The fact that the browser says refused to connect makes me think it's a permissions issue. 

I have the Cisco IPSU tool and when I input the MAC it finds the correct IP. I verified this on the DHCP server. Shouldn't I be able to hit the web interface of this access point using the IP address that was assigned? Am I missing something? 

My laptop doesn't have a serial port so I'm a little limited here. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to get into AP CLI to troubleshoot/verify your configuration.

You can use USB-Serial cable to get console access, if you only got USB ports in your laptop

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You need to get into AP CLI to troubleshoot/verify your configuration.

You can use USB-Serial cable to get console access, if you only got USB ports in your laptop

HTH

Rasika

I am brand new to Cisco. How do I get access to AP CLI? I tried to PUTTY into it using my desktop's serial port, but a blank black box opens and nothing happens. Wouldn't all setting be cleared since I wiped it? 

If you laptop/pc does not have a serial port, but got USB port, use some of the USB-Serial converter cable. You require to access AP console in order to do any basic configuration

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10857316/console-cable-usb-adapter

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card