Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ASK] client seems direct connected to WLC

Hi All,

and i'm here by want to ask something about wireless that our team developed currently.

i'm using WLC AIR-CT5508-K9 software version 7.3.101.0, ISE, cisco prime infrastructure 1.2 (1.2.1.012), and using Odyssey access client manager..

all running well but here the problem, when a user connected to our SSID, the status of connection information especially on access point..

there appear that "Access point : WLC2-ISC-JKT-GCC"

that is the WLC not the access point, is there any miss configuration from me..

thanks.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well that might just be your supplicant. Try to enable or disable Aironet IE on the WLAN advanced tab and see if that changes on your client.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

previous condition is enable, but when i'm try disabling "Aironet IE" and try to reconnect the status keep authenticating, client can't connect to wifi..

btw, thanks for help

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is it the same issue if you create an open SSID? or even a PSK SSID?

What about creating an account with different RADIUS other than the ISE, what will appear?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi Amjad,

i already create PSK SSID, but the information where client connected is connect to 54-78-1a-33-80-9D, it's information about the Base Radio MAC not the hostname of Access Point..

btw, thanks for help

Well, the questoin I would ask is: how does the supplicant can know the hostname of the AP?

If it was via CCX (Aironet IE) then only CCX capable devices would show the AP name and that is done under any SSID security configuratoin. But in your case with PSK it does not show the name of the AP.

If we can know how the supplicant guesses the AP name that would be our concern. AFAIK the supplicant can not guess the AP hostname and it is only aware about the BSSID (SSID mac address). I would say that the ISE enters the equation and chagnes that part for you. That's why it appears with ISE hostname when ther is dot1x authenticatoin via the ISE while it does not appear when the ISE out of the game.

HTH

Amjad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card