Views
Helpful
Replies

authentication eap-tls on ACS or local EAP WLC over Lwapp and 7921

subrin_matt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I install WLC to provide Wlan architecture and the project was extended for VoWLAN. we have 7921 and E51 running over the wide WLAN architecture.

Computer using Data over wirless are working over PEAP done by ACS and CA signed certificate + user secret on PC is link to the domain account and secret stay the login and password. Our problem is that user and password is link via ACS to Active Directory. The policy of password is to change frequently.

For the Phone we are actually running authentication over Leap but I'm working to define the best security solution for us.

I confront PEAP and Eap-TLS for now:

1) PEAP check the authentication of ACS via certificate trust and authenticate via MS-Chapv2 and the secret password known by user. My problem here is the phone can only be static what is potentially not acceptable

2) Eap-tls which is the best secured security due to the double side certificate authentication + (login / password) on the phone

so I need to manage here Certificate Management ? I mean I can use either the MIC CA certificate on the phone or User CA defined one which I can put on ACS or Local EAP WLC and the put the ACS CA trust on the Phone.

If I understood well I have to put User.cer and ACS_CA.cer on each phone and pout the User_CA on the ACS ?

I have already Certificate on the ACS signed by CA (like veri-signed) so I must create CSR for any phones to be able to use the same CA ?

I'm thinking to use also the local Eap certificate of Controller to manage all of that to avoid every potential money to pay to the trust CA of ACS

can you help me to know if I understood everything good ? I would be please to exchange experience on that

thanks

bye

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card