Views
Helpful
Replies

Autonomous access point configuration

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We have about five AP's( cisco 1524SB, currently on LWAPP)  that need to be converted to Autonomous mode.

These will be used as bridge for a small area in our plant.

I have following query;

a) Is LWAPP to Autonomous mode conversion for these AP's similar to other AP or is it different?

b) Will the single SSID configured on all of these allow communication with each other?

c) One of these AP will be connected via LAN to a switch in our network so it is able to transmit data back and forth from this plan to our core network.

In this case, how do we interface this AP to the switch? will it be a different vlan for this ? & i guess switchport must be trunk.

Appreciate all inputs!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you will be able to configure them as point to point bridge if that's what you want to do. Look at it like an autonomous AP, model type doesn't matter.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Put it this way... if there is an availabe autonomous IOS image you can download, then its supported, but if there is not one avaialbe, then no.  I guess I don't know why you would want to convert these to autonomous and not use the mesh feature.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks Scott.

if we do have an autonomous image for these, will bridging work with these.

Yes, you will be able to configure them as point to point bridge if that's what you want to do. Look at it like an autonomous AP, model type doesn't matter.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card