cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AUX port on 2702 limitations ?

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

We have configured a remote Lan on the AUX-port of a 2702, configured as a flexconnect AP. We have connected a switch to the port, but it seems that it only can be one MAC address on the port ? It only says one client connected, and only one device can communicate.

Is there a limit of only one device connected to the AUX port on a 2702 running in flexconnect mode?

Controller running 8.10.151.0

8 Replies 8

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

Hmm, that post does not say that is not supported, or am I missing something? I can not find any official document stating that it is unsupported. In fact, when configuring RLan on ports in a AP Group on the controller, it states "AP2700 Aux port is configured through LAN1"

And, it is working, but it seems that it only support one device (one mac address)

I don't think any OEAP can have a switch connected to one of the LAN ports.  Even for the 1815's, it's one device per usable port.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We have many 1815 and a bunch of them have switches connected to ports with RLAN, and there is no problem to connect several devices. 
We have some 2702 laying around, and it would have been great if it was possible to use them with flexconnect and connect more than one device on lan.

But maybe it is not possible.

Well OEAP's are different than indoor AP's, so I would have to say no.  You have already tested this out and it doesn't work.  I have 1815 and had issues with devices behind a switch, but that was only during my testing.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

After even more testing there seems to be a limit of one device on the AUX port on 2702. Since we cant find this limitation documented we were unsure if we did something wrong or some setting were wrong. So, we will continue with 1815 on our flexconnect offices.

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@s.hellman : Well not sure if it is official dcumented but check this link as well and find Auxiliary Ethernet Port (New Feature) on below link 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/apdeploy/8-0/Cisco_Aironet_3700AP.html#pgfId-124333

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: