cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Band Select and RF Profiles

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Question about Band Select and RF Profiles.

If I use RF Profiles and have Band Select enabled on the WLAN do I also have to check the "Probe Response" box under Band Select on the Client Distribution Tab of the RF Profile to successfully have Band Select enabled on this AP?

When applying RF Profiles does this section allow me to override the global settings and if the Probe Response box is not checked does it basically disable band select feature on this AP?  Maybe the same question.  Just confused how this works in concert with the global.

Thank you for your responses.

4 Replies 4

RF profile should override global setting. Better if you could test and confirm this behavior though.

HTH

Rasika

Not sure how to test.  I guess I would have to do captures and time the probe response packets looking for longer response times.

Did you get an answer to this question? I recently configured RF profiles and have the same question. My understanding is Band select configures the AP to not respond to 2.4 probes, so would I want to enable probe response on the profile?

Steve Lattray
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the probe response check box enables you to modify the band select settings in the RF profile. If The probe response box is unchecked then the Wlan band select settings are used.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12719801/enabling-band-select-rf-profile-when-its-disabled-wlan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card