cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Requirements for Remote WLC w/ HREAP

venom43212
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I am looking at deploying a 5500 WLC for about 80 remote sites with 1242 APs to connect to using HREAP. Some of these sites have a 512k link, but they are not heavily utilized. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips or had experience (good or bad) with deploying this scenario using low bandwidth links. Currently the sites are using autonomous APs with a WLSE for management....I want to move away from that. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, I think the HREAP deployment guide has some guidlines as to what the required bandwidth is.  IIRC it's 128k minimum, and each AP can hit something like 32kbps.  Since you're going to go HREAP, it shouldn't be too bad on the link, as all the real traffic will be localized, and only the AAA/Webauth and AP management stuff will go across the link.

HREAP Design and Deployment Guide

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

here is the link which answeres ur question, please go through the link coz its the Design and requirements for HREAP!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am familiar with the design guide, I was just looking to see if anyone had been involved with an actual implementation similar to what I had described, and had thoughts to share on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: