Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic configuration on Cisco Aironet 1140

Hello, I have the above AP that is connected to a WLC. I was wondering how do stop the log messages from interrupting my input.

Also am i able to copy the CLI from an existing AP that i have to this one with just the CLI. Just like you can copy paste the running config on cisco 2980 switches.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad you got it working but are you sure about that command?
What I'm seeing is:
IOS-AP#capwap ap controller ip address 1.2.3.4 ?
<cr>
It would make no sense to configure a subnet mask for the controller but it would if you were configuring the AP IP address but that's a different command:
IOS-AP#capwap ap ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.0 ?
<cr>
And there's a separate command for configuring the default gateway:
capwap ap ip default-gateway 1.2.3.4

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AP that is connected to a WLC. I was wondering how do stop the log messages from interrupting my input.

not sure i undertand this - but if you looking to stop logs on console you can use - no logging console

Also am i able to copy the CLI from an existing AP that i have to this one with just the CLI. Just like you can copy paste the running config on cisco 2980 switches.

-  if this is managed by WLC, all the config will be pushed from WLC, why you like to copy that config ? what is the use case ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply, this ap was factory reset in error so i want to re-apply its configuration. i have other APs that have the configuraiton this ap needs

I tried the no logging console and it didn't work. I tried it right after logging in and no luck. I entered the "enable" command and then the password then no logging console and that didnt work.

Hi

Pl try  logging console disable.

Good Luck

To stop logging on LAP, you need to run this command: no logging console 

And to go in config mode(activate cli), you need this command: debug capwap console cli

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The only config you might need to do on a CAPWAP/lightweight/controller-based AP is IP address but I recommend using DHCP with option 43.  Then all the AP configuration is done on the WLC - not the AP so I think you're confusing lightweight AP with autonomous AP.

Use DHCP and option 43 for the AP - no manual config needed.  When the AP joins the WLC put it into the same AP group as the other APs and then it will get the same config as the other APs.  You also set any AP specific config like name, location etc on the WLC.

Thanks, this answer was helpful. I couldn't figure out DHCP on the AP but it joined the WLC per my lower reply.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add... if you plan on using a WLC and lightweight access points, you don't do any copy and paste.  Best way is to place the ap on the same subnet as the dlc management interface.  The L2 broadcast the ap performs to discover the controller will work, as long as the wlc code supports the ap model, ap can get a valid DHCP address, ntp or time is set, the country code on the controller allows for the country code on the access point and the ap has a lightweight image.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to get it figured out. I still couldn't disable the interrupting logging messages but i did join the AP to the WLC. After entering exec mode i entered the following command, capwap ap controller ip 192.168.1.1255.255.255.0  this command gives my AP the WLC's ip address and subnet. Once that was set then everything else was automatically configured. 

Glad you got it working but are you sure about that command?
What I'm seeing is:
IOS-AP#capwap ap controller ip address 1.2.3.4 ?
<cr>
It would make no sense to configure a subnet mask for the controller but it would if you were configuring the AP IP address but that's a different command:
IOS-AP#capwap ap ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.0 ?
<cr>
And there's a separate command for configuring the default gateway:
capwap ap ip default-gateway 1.2.3.4

My apologies you are correct its,

IOS-AP#capwap ap controller ip address 1.2.3.4 

That is the command i used to point the AP to the WLC location. Its working now and has two users.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card