cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Outdoor AP and Directional Antennas?

Dear Forum members, what AP do you usually prefer for outdoor installation and what types of Antennas do you typically use for omnidirectional and or directional antennas?

Thank you and have a great day,.

AS

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
what AP do you usually prefer for outdoor installation and what types of Antennas do you typically use

That's a loaded question.

What are you trying to do?

I am trying to design coverage of a warehouse, outside the loading area.  I have to install the AP either on the roof of the warehouse, or inside with cables that are feeding the external Antenna, off course that is installed outside.

Preferably I would like a directional Antenna, for now if I get some models, I will be able to simulate using a coverage tool such as airmagnet.

Thank you and have a great day.

I am trying to design coverage of a warehouse, outside the loading area.  I have to install the AP either on the roof of the warehouse, or inside with cables that are feeding the external Antenna, off course that is installed outside.

On the roof???  May I ask how high is this roof?

Why do you want a directional antenna?  You only use a directional antenna if you want to push your wireless signal to a certain point in front.  If you want to propagate your signal around the AP then a directional antenna isn't the right choice.

How wide is the "frontage" coverage of the loading area?  What are the walls (including roof) made out of?  (corrugated metal sheet, bricks, wood?)

Regarding the vehicles that use the loading docks, are these flat-bed trucks or what are their shells made out of?

What do you need the wireless access points for in the loading dock?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card