Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast my SSID's on a rogue AP - need alerting

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a challenge and I can't find the correct answer to it, not even from TAC, so here I am. 

Task:

I want to be able to get an alert via NMS of a rogue AP advertising my SSID's

Rogue AP ---> broadcasting my ssid1, my ssid2 ---> WLC 2504 (Soft V 8.1.102) send alert ----> NMS ---> generate email

I've created a Rogue Rule under security, rogue rules a condition with the following

Type: Malicious

Notify: ALL

State: Alert

This part is working great, the NMS is getting the alerts from the controller when I bring up a rogue AP and start broadcasting my ssids. 

Issue:

The NMS is getting tons of useless information, including rogue AP's which is expected since the location is sharing offices with other tenants.

I want the WLC to only send the rule I've configured and nothing else.  I have tried to play with SNMP Trap Controls in the WLC with no success. 

Thanks in advance for your input. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not even from TAC

TAC is most likely going to point you into the direction of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.  There is a trial/evaluation license available for use.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not even from TAC

TAC is most likely going to point you into the direction of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.  There is a trial/evaluation license available for use.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card