cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug ID CSCua29504

Chris Simm
Level 1
Level 1

I am hitting the above bug, does anyone have any idea of the release date for 5508 Controller Software Version 7.0.236

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be soon maybe next month I would think.

http://www.educause.edu/discuss/networking-and-emerging-technologies/wireless-local-area-networking-constituent-group/fwd-advance-notice-microsoft-wi

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be soon maybe next month I would think.

http://www.educause.edu/discuss/networking-and-emerging-technologies/wireless-local-area-networking-constituent-group/fwd-advance-notice-microsoft-wi

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

Thanks Scott

Just a quick update:

This issue is resolved in the 7.0.235.3 release(now available on cisco.com).

It is also resolved in 7.3.101.0 (also available now).

We will be releasing a version of 7.2 with the fix as well later this month, for those wanting to stay on 7.2.

-Patrick

Thanks pcroak, appreciate the reply.

Thanks Pat!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

So the new code implements the work around but what where is the actual issue originating?

I mean is it certain models of AP or the controllers themselves that have the compatibility issue with the official standard?

The bug is present in the WLC code, regardless of AP model in use. The 802.11w capability is handled incorrectly and the encryption handshake fails.

-Pat

Pat, do you know how this issue is affecting the autonomous code? We've had a case open with Cisco for months on this with the autonomous code and we still have no work around. They are telling us to open a Case with Microsoft. We are trying, but this sure seems like the exact same issue we are having, as when we disable 802.11w the Surface Pro and Pro 2 are able to connect.

Autonomous and unifed code versions are different.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Scott is correct, this issue does not impact Autonomous AP software.

Thanks,

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: