Platform:  4908

SF: Detected mx25l6405d with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 4 KiB, total 8 MiB

saved CRC ffffffff doesn't = calc CRC 997e20e8

*** Board is not initialized properly ***

Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x0, blk=0,

Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x1000, blk=0,

Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x2000, blk=0,

Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x3000, blk=0,

There errros continue then it asks me to select board type partitions types and 

nand0: MTD Erase failure: -5

After that it reboots and the errors the same..

This seems like corrupted U-boot NVRAM.

As this is my home AP and does not have warranty can  someone please provide the SPI flash image via U-boot dump, so I can reprogram the flash and try to fix it. If someone can help it would be gladly appreciated as this is used at home and does not have warranty and I don't want to throw away so good and expensive device.

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Send an email to TAC and ask them, nicely, if you can RMA the AP.  Provide your CCO, the serial number and include the link to the LLHW.  

I cannot stress enough how important it is to emphasis that you are going to RMA the AP using LLHW

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Kalin Hristov wrote:
*** Board is not initialized properly ***
Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x0, blk=0,
Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x1000, blk=0,
Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x2000, blk=0,
Uncorrectable ECC Error: intr 0x50, addr=0x3000, blk=0,

Contact Cisco TAC and organize an RMA.  

Hi 

I cannot contact the TAC because as I said this is my home device and there is no warranty, I bought it second hand from ebay

- As Leo said, the device has a fatal hardware memory error and can not be used.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@Kalin Hristov wrote:

I cannot contact the TAC because as I said this is my home device and there is no warranty, I bought it second hand from ebay

Kindly go to the 9120ax Data Sheet and scroll down to the Warranty section.  Please read it carefully.

Hi, Leo

Of course I did, it says:

"The Cisco Catalyst 9120AX Series Access Points come with a limited lifetime warranty that provides full warranty coverage of the hardware for as long as the original end user continues to own or use the product. "

But I am not the original user, as I said this is second hand device from ebay

@Kalin Hristov wrote:

But I am not the original user, as I said this is second hand device from ebay

Did you, at least, try to contact Cisco TAC and organize an RMA?

Hi

Yes, I tried

"This product is not associated with any service contracts.
If you would like to purchase a service contract for this product, or add it to an existing contract, contact your Cisco service sales representative or the Cisco partner or reseller where you purchased this product.
For urgent issues or products covered under warranty, please contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center by phone."

Did you tell the Entitlements Team that the AP is covered under LLHW?

I tried to open TAC case. Never dealt with device without service contract until now. Can you please elaborate how to open a case without a service contract, associated to to my account for this device? 

Send an email to TAC and ask them, nicely, if you can RMA the AP.  Provide your CCO, the serial number and include the link to the LLHW.  

I cannot stress enough how important it is to emphasis that you are going to RMA the AP using LLHW

Leo,

I cannot thank you enough for this procedure. The RMA was issued for less than an hour!! 

Again thank you very much for your help!

@Kalin Hristov wrote:

The RMA was issued for less than an hour!! 

Happy to hear everything went smoothly.

how did they replace it? as you said you were the second owner, the CISCO support always try to authenticate by asking the customer name on which the device is initially registered. And even if you knew the customer name, the address on the devices in CISCO Database is showing the older customer address and due to which the CISCO is saying that we will not replace. Also sometime these second hand devices are sold outside of the US as per CISCO and i am not sure how EBAY sellers in US getting these devices into US market and selling in US EBAY. In my case, i treid more than 5 times very nicely and told them the previous customer name but they refused because it not tied to the address. as per CISCO. so is there any trick or did you use enterprise support or the small business support? thanks in advance for your response

hi Leo - what is LLHW means?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card