Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 vWLC AP country code configuration on AP

Hello.
Recently we migrate C8500 WLC to C9800 vWLC. I want to configure different country codes to different AP since they are located in different countries. At C8500 I configured Country Code from Prime using the Lightweight Access Points menu ( or via AP menu for single AP). Since this way is not used in C9800 how can I configure Country Code in C9800 to push the configuration to bulk AP's? Is there any configuration in Tags or in any component of Tags?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the guide from here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/country-codes.html#reference_3BE13E50F0B448DF868ADF838053F4D8

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I have configured the necessary county codes to support all the countries, but my question was about how to create a group with specific Country Code and assign AP to this group( like Lightweight Access Points group from Prime). It looks like C9800 doesn't support this configuration. The deployment support 2000 AP's that are in different countries. Due to Counties regulation, I can't assign the same country code to all AP's.

You can configure country code on 9800 WLC under "Configuraion -> Wireless -> Access Points -> Country" as shown below.

9800-CountryCode.PNG

Individual AP level, you can change using individual AP's advanced configuration tab as shown below.

9800-AP-Country.PNG

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi.

To apply the same country code to many AP's  I have to select them from Configuration -> Wireless -> Access Points -> All Access Points and then select the proper code from the Country menu,  or there is no such configuration and I have to configure one by one? 

Right now I haven't migrated AP's to the new controller since I have to find a solution to this problem. 

The simple way is to use the cli and make your changes. When you decide to migrate, you should understand how you will migrate as aireOS and IOS-XE are different and Prime doesn’t always support everything that aireOS has. That being said, your planning should be to collect the ap’s in a list that should be in a specific country, specific ap group and or any specific settings you have already applied. Then you setup your 9800 to have the same settings. If aps are migrated to the 9800 and these steps were not taken, then it’s more work for you. In the end, you can execute cli commands to push the changes which is a lot easier than using the ui. However, you will need to know how to build your commands, by knowing what polices and tags need to be applied to each ap.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/config-guide/b_wl_17_3_cg/m_country_codes.html#task_961D9041D6D54CFBA68D5B3717A33827
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have already set up C9800 for two different countries. The tags have been configured and the corresponding Country Codes have been configured from CLI. Since the total number of AP's on those 2 countries is about 200, I was wondering if I can apply the country code in multiple AP's simultaneously and not one by one.

Why not build a script and push out the cli commands? Or look at the AP filter tags and build a regex.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott.

Thank you for your response. I will migrate the first AP the next days and check the config that will get from CLI. So the only way to config multiple AP with the same country code is only via CLI. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card