cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can AIR-CAP-2702E-N-K9 work in México?

Angel_V
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon everyone, sorry if my question is too obvious, i'm just a beginner on wireless technologies.

So i have a short question righ here, a coworker send me an AP quotation, the AP model is:  AIR-CAP-2702E-N-K9, we currently have the AP'S: AIR-CAP2702E-A-K9 working with our WLC, so i started to investigate about the letter variation, and i notice that the "N" and "A" stands for the regulatory domain of the AP, then i go to the Wireless Lan Compliance Lookup tool from cisco (right here: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html) and search for the AIR-CAP-2702E-N-K9, but i cant locate the model with the "N" letter selecting "Mexico".

Also, i locate the model that we are currently using, the one with the "A".

WLC2.png

My question is if the Model with the "N" will work with our WLC, and if so, will it cause any kind of problems? (Like Radio operation, channels, idk) thak you very much for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as both -N and -A are listed as regulatory domains for Mexico, both can and may be used.
as per this post, at some time it has changed from -N to -A 
of course you have to enable both in the controller.

the 2702 series is no longer sold by Cisco.

End-of-Sale Date:
HW

The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date.

April 30, 2019

the 2072 may come from the -N period

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the AP is meant to be installed in Mexico, then the answer is "no".

Yeah, if i buy the AP i meant to install it here on México.

So it wouldn't work?

Hi @Angel_V 

I live in México and I have APs with -N regulatory domain and -A domain.

Because I had no the exact model as you I added US domain to my WLC and it works really good.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Yeah, i also have APs in the -N domain , but the APs that i have working with the letter "N" are 3702 models and this models do appear in the table :(, and the "2702" model dont appears in the table.

Gracias por tu ayuda, aprecio bastante tu comentario.

as both -N and -A are listed as regulatory domains for Mexico, both can and may be used.
as per this post, at some time it has changed from -N to -A 
of course you have to enable both in the controller.

the 2702 series is no longer sold by Cisco.

End-of-Sale Date:
HW

The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date.

April 30, 2019

the 2072 may come from the -N period

Thank you very much for your comment! 

That's all that i need, and as you said the AP is no longer sold by cisco, so yeah we are going to buy it second handed.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: