cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I connect two CT5760 (Wireless) fow HA just with one stack cable?

Jorge Cantillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have two CT5760 so but just one of them came with a stack cable. Can I do a HA connection with just one STK cable, I friend of mine intentend to do this ask yesteday and he sent me this output:

WLC#show switch stack-ports summary

Sw#/Port#  Port Status  Neighbor  Cable Length   Link OK   Link Active   Sync OK   #Changes to LinkOK  In Loopback  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/1        DOWN         NONE      Unknown        Yes       No            Yes       0                   No           
1/2        DOWN         NONE      Unknown        Yes       No            Yes       0                   No     

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you should be able to do it with just one cable, per the 5760 HA guide, two is recommended for a 'full ring':

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/5760_HA_DG_iosXE33.html#pgfId-43194

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you should be able to do it with just one cable, per the 5760 HA guide, two is recommended for a 'full ring':

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/5760_HA_DG_iosXE33.html#pgfId-43194

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Steve. I will try it today. I've seen both controllers are using Version 03.02.03.SE RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) and the Part number is:

NAME: "Switch 1", DESCR: "AIR-CT5760-6"
PID: AIR-CT5760        , VID: V03

Do you know what mean the last 6 of the description?

Thnks

Jorge

according to that document, it is the SKU

HTH

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks Steve, I upgraded to IOS XE 03.03.04SE in order to support HA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card