Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I control the bandwidth per client WLC 5520 8.5

jamy66
Level 1
Level 1

Can I control the bandwidth per client WLC 5520 8.5.161

we have a 200mbps internet connection at the moment all the clients are receiving 150mbps + on speed test however at the moment we have very limited users but expecting to increase during a special event.

Question 1

I'm wondering if I can by any chance limit per client internet speed for 5mbps so that entier bandwidth won't be swallowed by 1 client on a busy day.

Question 2

if I let full access to a client as it is right now 150mbps + how will the WLC behave on bandwidth sharing ?. 

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t like limiting, but that is me. Here is a document if you want to try it out.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/113682-bdr-limit-guide-00.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

believe me, I hate limiting the bandwidth as well but I have been forced to do so :-)

to make things simpler I have set the data rate under WLAN>>SSID >>Qos>>Override Per-User Bandwidth Contracts (kbps) this seems to be working

jamy66

The issue customer run into is that users complain how slow it is, which no one likes to hear. I have had many customers request and play around with the bandwidth, but in the end they had set it pretty high which just didn’t make sense anymore to have it. Keep in mind the wireless is half duplex, so the more devices on a given channel or shared channel, the less throughput anyways.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card